Husaberg logo

husaberg logo


Founded: 1988
Husaberg headquarters: Mattighofen, Austria
Husaberg parent: KTM
Official website: www.husaberg.com

In 1689, on the order of the Swedish king in the small town of Huskvarna near Lake Vettern, an arms factory was founded. Later, the range of products manufactured still under the brand name Husqvarna, was expanded to completely peaceful production. It included various household equipment, bicycles and, since 1903, motorcycles.

With the increasing popularity of motocross in the 1950s, Husqvarna became one of the pioneers in the production of off-road motorcycles and soon began to specialize exclusively in them, winning one victory after another in motor competitions. In 1987, the first era of Swedish motorcycles was completed – the motorcycle division of the Husqvarna concern was sold to the Italians.

husaberg emblem

Former employee Tomass Gustevsson resumes production of off-road motorcycles. Soon, sponsors were found to design and produce the latest motorcycles with the Husaberg logo. The financial assistance provided was very modest, but it did not keep them from gaining recognition and winning many awards at exhibitions and in races.

In 1995, the company was threatened with bankruptcy, which is the reason for the change of leadership. The Austrian company KTM becomes the owner of Husaberg.

Since 2003, the motorcycle manufacturing company moved to Austria.

In 2012, KTM completely changed the range of motorcycles, using the latest technology and development.