Horex logo

Horex logo


Founded: 1920
Horex headquarters: Bad Homburg/Garching, Germany
Horex parent: Rex
Official website: www.horex.com

Motorcycles Horex were produced by a widely known German manufacturer of bikes, originally founded to create dishes called “Rex”. This happened in 1920. Then the first letters of the city were added to the name, and they got the name Horex. At first, Horex motorcycles were equipped with small four-stroke engines that were assembled in the city of Oberursel by the Columbus company (Columbus).

During the war, production of bikes with the logo Horex ceased. However, a couple of years after the end of the war, the above brand returned to the creation of motorcycles. The assembly line started producing bikes with a 350-cc engine in 1948.

Horex emblem

With the beginning of the 50s of the 20th century, the brand started mass production of 500-cubic-meter “Imperator” motors.

In the 1960s, control of the Horex brand was passed into the hands of the world-famous automotive firm Daimler-Benz, which contributed to the curtailment of motorcycle production.

Only 50 years after (in 2010) the world was shocked by the statement of the owner of the brand about the revival of production of Horex bikes. Nevertheless, these plans were not realized, as in 2014 the manufacturer announced bankruptcy.