Bimota headquarters: Rimini, Italy
The company was founded in 1972 by two enthusiasts of motorsport, Italians Bianchi Morri and Massimo Tamburini (the first letters of their names and surnames – Blanchi Morri and Tamburini formed the name of the company).
Initially, they built only frames for racing motorcycles, and soon they began to manufacture road sports motorcycles with engines of Japanese and Italian firms as well. Their products have won fame for refined cars for connoisseurs, a two-wheeled Ferrari analog.
In the late nineties, the financial situation of the company was shaken, and in October 1998, the current owners of the brand and the Bimota logo created a new company called Bimota Motor S.p.A.
The production range includes several models of road-sports motorcycles with 1000-cubic-meter motors.